Founded in 1984, ACS is a 501(c)(3) non-profit No Kill adoption agency for dogs and cats. We’re a privately funded, volunteer driven organization whose financial support comes solely through annual subscription memberships, donations, and adoption fees. We receive no federal, state, or local government funding.
We speak for the voiceless and lead by example in our ongoing work. We provide responsible and humane treatment to our dog and cat guests until we can find them appropriate homes.
Over the last ten years, we have placed over 10,000 pets into devoted and responsible homes. We are proud of our success and our sustained positive impact on our community
The Animal Care Society is a private No-Kill adoption agency whose purpose is to find new, safe, and loving forever homes for adoptable dogs and cats.
The Animal Care Society will always be known as the best possible place for:
- anyone whose circumstance requires them to surrender an adoptable dog or cat;
- every surrendered animal to receive humane, loving, and responsible care;
- potential adopters to find healthy and loving dogs and cats;
- dedicated and cherished volunteers to have the opportunity to use their skills and feel appreciated for all they do;
- devoted and enthusiastic employees to feel appreciated for everything they do and to effectively utilize their skills to provide the best possible care to our animals and outstanding customer service to all who visit our facility;
- members and donors to feel appreciated, be confident their donations will be used wisely, and to feel they are part of a first class humane organization.
Our Core Values
Compassion We provide every furry guest our devoted attention and humane care in a no-kill environment.
Integrity We believe in our no kill mission. Each animal receives optimal available medical and other care necessary for its adoption into a responsible home.
Animals are not euthanized except in the rare instance where a dog or cat has an incurable and untreatable condition and euthanasia is the most humane outcome.
Dignity Every person and animal we serve receives respect and appreciation.
Dedication ACS has been a steadfast advocate of its no-kill mission for more than 27 years.
Membership and Volunteerism
We rely heavily on members and volunteers to complete our mission. Our members provide much needed financial support. Our volunteers play a key role in the day-to-day care of our animals and enjoy the warmth and affection that only our furry guests can provide. Our animals make membership and volunteering with ACS a meaningful experience.
The Animal Care Society was established in 1983 by nine founding members. As membership grew and funds permitted, the Westport Road Center was built in 1988 enabling The Animal Care Society to expand its work.